While we're still living in New England, we HAD to experience the sugaring of Vermont maple syrup. Some of our friends invited us to come up in the rural hills of Vermont to experience this awesome treat. It was really, really cold which I wasn't prepared for and there was only this tiny shack for us to huddle in. Luckily they use a big wood stove to boil the sap so there was a warm place for me to set the baby. Yes, right next to a burning stove. I'm a great mother. Then I had Kate feed her a bottle while she was strapped in the carseat so I could focus on keeping Eli safe around the burning hot stove. Mother of the year award right there.
This is the evaporator where they boil the sap down to syrup. We got to taste the sap straight from the trees. It looked and tasted like really cold, refreshing water. But when boiled down it turns into delicious syrup. They had homemade donuts for us which we dipped in fresh syrup. Also, they boiled hotdogs. In the syrup. And then fed them to the children. Did I mention I'm a great mom that always feeds my children super healthy food?
Anyway, it was such a fun experience and we all went home muddy, sticky, and full of sweet syrup!
4 comments:
You are a great mom. How many moms get to take their children to a sugaring event. What an awesome experience. They will always remember it.
Wendi, I seriously laugh out loud every time I read one of your posts. You really are mom of the year.... for reals though! I admire you so much! And thanks for always making me laugh.
You are a great Mom and don't you ever forget it! I've seen you in action. They are lucky kids to have you! Love them, every one, so much! and you too!
You are a great Mom and don't you ever forget it! I've seen you in action. They are lucky kids to have you! Love them, every one, so much! and you too!
Post a Comment