Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break for the kids. We had planned to go to Boston on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but luckily we cancelled those plans after the bombing on Monday. It would have been bad to have been there on Thursday so we're glad we stayed home. I tried to make the week fun for the kids and then Chad took Friday off of work so we could have a mini vacation. We set out in the morning to go to a local sugar house/pancake house that's a great place to eat. We had raspberry chocolate chip pancakes as big as a plate, bacon, eggs, and VT maple syrup. Then, while we were in that area, we stopped at the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial. That is probably the last time before we move that we could go there.  It was a warm day and we had fun looking around the grounds and taking the tour of the visitor's center.





 Here the kids are sitting on the original doorstep of the home where Joseph Smith was born.  It really has been so amazing to live in this area where there is so much Church history.


After we left the Memorial, we took Lydia to my friend, Diana's house. Then we took the older kids bowling. I am so disappointed that I left the camera in the diaper bag because I didn't get any pictures of bowling and Eli looked so dang cute in his little bowling shoes.  We had fun bowling even though I had the lowest score out of the whole family. The kids had bumpers but I seriously needed them more than they did. There is also an arcade at the bowling alley so I let the kids each have $3 to blow on silly games.  They thought that was the best part of the whole day I think.
After picking Lydia up, we splurged and went out to eat dinner at Five Guys Burgers. Everyone had a yummy dinner and we headed home.  So, it wasn't the most adventurous spring break but we had fun as a family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun. Sometimes, those vacations are the best kind. You still get to sleep in your own bed! Eli's hair looks curly and he's as cute as ever. Kate's hair is soooooooooo long and she is beautiful. Carter is such a mature, handsome boy. I can tell he is a big help and a big tease! Love you all so much and miss, miss, miss, miss you!

Jordy and Paiger said...

Sounds like a great spring break to me!