Carter was able to experience Colonial Day at school this year as a second grader. This is a day that the second graders look forward to and prepare for all year. The Ray School has a Colonial house behind the school and the second graders get to spend a whole day there living a day as a Colonial Child would. I was able to go help and it was so fun to see the children. Carter was SO excited for this day. Truly, I don't know if he was even this excited for Christmas.
The children all participated in a "Peddler Play." Carter's character for the play and for the entire day was Rev. Moore. He did so good in his little part of the play and even surprised the teacher by putting his prop for trading in his hat on his head. I thought it was a planned part of the play but apparently he improvised that part.
After the play, the children got to come into the Colonial House and eat their lunch of stew, corn bread, and apple cider. They ate out of bowls that them made themselves. As Rev. Moore, Carter led the class in saying "grace." For saying grace, the kids all sang the song, "Shaker Melody." It really was sweet.
The Colonial House
Bobbing for apples.
Carter with his teacher, Mrs. Harvey.
Carter with his stick-horse.
Carter with his good friend, Carter Hawke.
Carter and I in our Colonial clothes.
3 comments:
He is such a cute boy, inside and out! I love him so, so, so, so much and wish, wish, wish I could grab him and squeeze him and talk to him and listen to him and hear his serious conversations and his funny jokes. Man, I hate those 2400 miles that separate us! He sure has a good looking Mom too, it's so nice that you could be a part of this great memory for him!
Awww, so cute!
Carter, you make a great little pilgrim. You do have Mayflower roots from Grandma Grace's line. His name is William Brewster and he was also a preacher. It must run in your genes I guess. I am glad you enjoyed a great experience. I love you, Grandma B
Post a Comment