Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sunny Banks


Oh, Sunny Banks, how I will not miss you.  You have character and charm but you also have mice, rotting windows, dirt everywhere and most likely, dead people in the basement...with the frog.  Your owner is hard to deal with, you have no tubs, no water pressure and you stink like urine and rotting wood.  You are cold and drafty in the winter and hotter than heck in the summer.  
But, I learned and grew so much while living in you and you enabled us to live by the library and the kids got to go to the best school in the area.  I made lifelong friends while living in you, visited with a lot of people, celebrated birthdays, and darn near had a baby on the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your comments make me laugh and cry, especially the part about having the baby on the kitchen floor! That is an experience I will always remember! Even though there were so many negatives about that house, you made it beautiful, homey, and clean (as clean as it could get, anyway). You and Chad filled it with love, teaching, commitment, determination, laughter, and many more good things. It won't be missed, but your lives are better for having lived there.