Vicki Spencer in the back with Lydia and Kate and Eli.
Carter and Chad in front the ginormous U-Haul.
We pulled out of NH late at about 9pm on Wed after getting the kids in their jammies. We had a hard time getting the huge U-Haul and trailer out of the driveway and apparently caused some damage to the side of the driveway. We're still dealing with the landlady over that. We just want to be done with that situation so are just waiting for the bill so we can pay it and be done! Anyway, we didn't actually get more than 5 miles until almost 10. Our hope was that the kids would just sleep all night but it didn't go so smoothly. I had my friend, Vicki Spencer, from work in the van with me to help with the kids. She was such a dear to offer to come with us. Carter was riding in the truck with Chad and he kept calling on the walkie-talkie until like midnight so he was up really late. Lydia did fine but Kate and Eli didn't fall asleep until 10:30 and then Eli started crying loudly at 11:30 and continued until 1 am. At this point I said, "That's it. Vicki, you're going to think I'm a horrible mother but I'm taking them out of their carseats." So, I made a bed for Kate on the floor and a bed for Eli on the seat and laid them down. Eli settled down after that and they slept until around 6. They were still tired and Eli was horrible the whole next day but it was tolerable. We drove all night and all day until about 1 pm when we arrived at our hotel in Christiansburg, VA. Vicki took the kids to get something to eat while Lydia napped and Chad turned the truck around (it took like 4 people to do this as it was kind of stuck facing the wrong way. What a nightmare). We were exhausted so after letting the kids swim for a while we all went to bed. The next morning (Friday), we ate breakfast and headed out at 9 am. We arrived in Atlanta at 5 pm. Chad and Carter went straight to the house to meet the property manager and unload the truck while I took Vicki to the airport. The traffic was horrible for me so we didn't make it back to the house until 7 pm. Some guys from our new ward had come to help Chad unload and he said they were done really quickly. We just set up everyone's beds ate some snacks for dinner and headed to bed. Moving is never fun. I'm still not nearly done unpacking because Chad started work on Monday and I can't get a thing done with all these crazy kids running around!
2 comments:
Glad that trip is over! It was nice to see the picture of Vicki. She is a good friend to go through that experience with you!
Oh man, that sounds awful! The worst is over now though right? I can't to hear about your adventures in Georgia! By the way, I have a really hard time with carseats too. I have spent many long trips nursing a baby or sleeping a kid on the floor. We are horrible..
Post a Comment